210 Main Street
Hudson Bay, SK
Hours are Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., and 12:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Recycling of paints, old electronics, refillable beer bottles, metal beverage can, plastic bottles, glass bottles, and juice boxes. Beverage container deposits are refunded on those items that have been charged deposit charges. Visit our web site, call us or stop by for recycling guidelines.
Garbage Pick Up
Business: Tuesday and Friday. If you need a third pick up please contact Paul at 865-3142 and we will try to accommodate.
West Bay: Tuesday
All other residents of Hudson Bay: Wednesday
Zagrobelny Services picks up cardboard, plastic conatainers desginated with recycle symbol, plastic bags, tin cans, newspaper and mixed paper at your home during garbage pick up days. We need your co-operation to separate all of these into piles or bags beside your household garbage as it will be picked up the same day. Tin cans must be clean with label removed.
- Newspaper - is anything made of newspaper (example: Leaderpost, Booster).
- Cardboard - is material that is corrugated like pizza boxes (without food contamination) and brown corrugated boxes. Please breakdown these boxes flat so they can be piled easily.
- Mixed paper - is all of your remaining paper. This includes boxboard (cereal boxes, Kleenex boxes, any other non-corrugated boxes), office paper, paper egg cartons, glossy paper (flyers from inside your newspaper), toilet paper rolls, magazines, phone books, catalogues etc.
- Plastic Containers- all caps must be removed. Must be marked with a recycle symbol 1-7. Examples: milk jugs, soap jugs, and margarine containers.
- Tin Cans- Clean and labels must be removed.
We would encourage all residents of Hudson Bay to take part in recycling which includes not only people who live in Hudson Bay, but also people living in the Rural Municipality. This will significantly reduce the amount of waste at our disposal site.
If you live in the R.M. of Hudson Bay Zagrobelny Services has recycle bins located at their shop at 104 Tamarac Street.
Plastic Bag Reduction Program
A community wide effort to minimize the accumulation and spread of plastic bags is being proposed. Representatives will be asking local merchants to support this effort by initiating programs to encourage shoppers to bring in their own reusable bags.
Thank you for your co-operation!
Nuisance Ground Hours:
Summer Hours (April 1st): Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 12:00 noon-8:00pm.
Winter Hours (October 1st): Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 12:00 noon-6:00pm.
Closed on all stat holidays.
The following changes will be implemented:
- All persons shall stop at the control gate to check in with the Waste Disposal Site Supervisor in order to have their loads inspected and receive instructions as to the proper designated areas to deposit respective articles.
- Any person who fails, neglects or refuses to deposit articles in the areas designated and/or directed shall be in contravention of Bylaw 10-94.
- Any person who deposits any item at the Town’s Waste Disposal Site without paying the required tipping fees, as set by Bylaw of the Town, shall be in contravention of Bylaw 10-94 as amended.
- No person shall remove any material from the Waste Disposal Site.
- Any person who infringes upon any of the Bylaw provisions or fails to comply therewith shall be guilty of an offence and liable on summary conviction to a fine of not less than $300.00 and not more than $2,000.00.
There will be no fees charged for the following:
- 1/2 ton or smaller carrying bagged or small amounts of normal household refuse.
-Compost, Clean wood and seperated clean metal.
Waste Disposal Fees
- Building demolition materials fees:
- $0.10/sq ft for frame structures
- $50.00/tandem truck for concrete & other debris
- $75.00/semi truck for concrete & other debris
- 1 ton Vehicle or 1/2 ton with large trailer- $10.00 (Effective July 1st)
- $35 for appliances containing refrigerants (Effective July 1st)